Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What If There Was No Tomorrow?

Over the weekend I was at a national leadership conference for my student organization.  There, I learned SO MUCH not only about leadership, but about myself.  We attended different programs all weekend long but one that taught me a life lesson was called What If There Was No Tomorrow?  I'm sure you can get a sense of what this program was about just from the title.  We were given scenarios and then were told to write down our reactions.  These reactions were passed around anonymously and read aloud for the group.  By doing this, I got a lot off of my chest without actually spilling my guts in front of a room full of strangers!  When we started this blog, we decided we were going to throw caution to the wind and just release everything we had been feeling in every post [and I think we have done a stellar job at doing so thus far haha] so I'm going to release a little more and I think you should too!

*Think back to a person you yelled at out of anger
*If tomorrow was your last day, would you handle it any differently?

*How well do you handle anger?
*What else would you let this person know?

        I would not handle the situation any differently.  As surprising as that sounds, I let off a lot of steam that had been built up for quite some time towards you.  I don't get angry very often but when someone hurts me, I act quite impulsively.  I'm sorry things went so sour when we attended college so far away from each other.  I miss you and I know you can do better than what you are doing and I will keep pushing you until you can see that as well.
      ....also, I used to sing Taylor Swift's song I'd Lie because I swore she wrote it for you and I ;)

Stay beautiful! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment